Saturday, May 29, 2010

All The People I Met At BEA



I spent two days roaming the Javitz Center in search of new books and to meet new people, authors and publishers. Some of the really cool people I met include: Angela Johnson from Ripley's, their newest book "Enter If You Dare" is coming soon (hoping to get a sneak peak); Marina Shults has "The Red Pyramid" written by Rick Riordan which just came out; Deb Shapiro the Director of Publicity of Bloomsbury and Walker Books was really great, she gave me a lot of books to read and review (check back soon for the reviews); Megan Marie Fitzpatrick of Hachette Book Group gave me an audio book of "Witches and Wizards" which I can't wait to listen to; Paul Samuelson, a Sourcebooks publicists gave me great blogging advice and offered to send me books to review; Erin Dempsey from Penguin Young Readers Group was really great and spent time talking to me about different books; Samantha Grefe' from Scholastic gave me a copy of the book "Plain Kate", I am so excited to read it; Mark Forti and Camille Miller who published "Slightly Above Time", I cannot wait to read it!; Tina Proctor spent a lot of time talking to me about "Ophelia's Oracle"; Sarah Wilcox from Guinness World Records was there with "The World's Most Tattooed Lady". The 2011 book comes out in July; Jessica Kaufman from Little Brown showed me the cover of "It's Not What It Looks Like" sequel to "The Name of the Book is Secret"; met Alexa Peter's dad, she illustrated and wrote (with her mom) "Cooper and Me" (going to try and connect with her when school ends); stood in line with Lyra Rose, she has her own blog which you can read at www.lyrarose.com, she gave me advice on different books and suggested I read them; and Charles Nurnberg, he is the President and Publisher of Imagine Publishing. His newest book is "The Night Before Christmas" which has a CD of music performed by Peter, Paul & Mary. At the end of BEA, Peter Yarrow and Noel Paul Stookey read the book aloud and sang a whole bunch of songs. It was so COOL, I got to sing with them in front of a whole bunch of people. They even signed a CD for me. Check out the pictures above.
It was unbelievable to meet these people and get their books.
Come back to check out the reviews of their books.
Keep Reading,
Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment